Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Lords of Wellington
News:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inner game revelation.  (Read 5102 times)
flameon

Failure only happens to quitters.

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »

Last week two small yet significant things happened to me. I tried to get extra tuts for a course I'm doing, entry was limited so I got up early on the day online signups started. I got a email saying I was put on the waiting list a few days later. My reply was "What? what do you mean I'm on the waiting list? I got up at 7 just to get into the tut." Got another email saying there had been a mistake and I was accepted in.

The next day I went to Subway. I tell the guy what I want for my sub and he buts on the wrong sauce. I asked for a free drink and got it.

The moral of the story is only by being vocal of what YOU want will there be a possibility that you'd get it.

What I was wondering was that at what point does an alpha male become a jerk? I could've have made the dude at Subway remake my whole meal and asked for everything free of charge if I'd made a big enough deal out of it. But thought then I'd just be rude.

obl

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:48 AM »

This week project wellington has got into the cricket and the rugby for free.
We met john key, george mitchell, heap of mps... rugby players

All because we ASKED

Whats the worst that could happen
They could say no

Intuition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 01:56:08 AM »

Nice flameon. My opinion is: An alpha male crosses over into being a jerk, when he stops defending his rights and starts defending his ego. When you do that, you're no longer an alpha male and you're a slave to your emotions.

Make sense?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: