Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Lords of Wellington
News:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Believe I Have Found My Avatar  (Read 3253 times)
MastRMind

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »

I believe I have officially found my avatar!  It all started on a recent trip up to Washington DC.  I was walking with my pops down the street in China town wearing my usual pick up gear (wayfarer-esque sunglasses,  collared striped shirt - 2/3’s buttoned, chinos, Clarks Chukkas) when a banker type with a briefcase came up to the two of us and said to me ‘you look like Brad Pitt’. I guessed him to be somewhere in mid-40s,  with a wife, and 2.5 kids.  Not the kind of guy you might expect to be paying you this type of compliment (read: gay).  Mind you, I don’t think I look a thing like Brad Pitt. His facial structure is different than my and he’s a bit shorter.  I believe this guy on the street was seizing  upon sometime more intangible like the attitude I was conveying with the way I was dressed.  This whole incident got me thinking if I could try to look like anyone who would be my doppleganger

Whatever image I was projected that day, it seemed to work be working for me as I ended up full closing a HB9 blonde that night. I approached her as she was working an exhibit at a convention I was attending and found out that she was visiting from London. She was really excited to hear that I was living in New Zealand as she has spend some time traveling there last year. We ended agreeing to meet her and her friends later that night at a local club.  I made a point of really chatting up her friends for the ‘social proof’ and keep things fun.  Low and behold, I found myself at her hotel room at the end of the night...

That weekend, I went out to see Crazy, Stupid, Love in the movie in theatres.  In case you aren’t familar, the movie stars Steve Carrell, Ryan Gossling, & Emma Stone. Steve Carrell’s character, is a middle aged man who’s wife and high school sweet heart is seeking a divorce from him.   Ryan Gossling plays a successful pickup artist who meets Steve Carrell in a bar whining about his poor luck and agrees to help Steve Carrell get back his mojo. They go out and get some new threads and talk some game.  Meanwhile, Gossling’s character ends up meeting Emma Stone’s and eventually falling for Emma Stone whom he met during an initially successful pick up attempt.  

If you haven’t seen the movie, I would encourage everyone in the lair community to see it.  The portrayal of Gossling’s character is generally a positive one and the primary feeling that you take away from the movie is that Gossling’s PUA chops and level of awareness make him particularly well suited to help Carrell become more attractive to women.   Though  in many ways, his approaches seem to break many of the rules as he often starts with names, offers to buy her a drink and  makes his intentions clear, he’s believable because he emanates positivity, he’s fun to around, impeccably dressed, suave. He basically looks and acts like he owns the bar so it’s easy to see why women like him.  He also seals with ‘you wanna get out of here’ sometime I think I will adopt in my own routine.  

Since that movie, I’ve made a point of dressing and acting like this character. His facial structure is closer to mine and he is around my age so he makes a good candidate for an avatar. Ryan Gossling is on a bit of a roll right now.  If my memory serves me correctly, he is in 3 blockbuster movies that are in theatres right now or are soon to me released.  Mark my words, he is Hollywood’s next heart throb.  Screw Brad Pitt, I will become Ryan Gossling.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:15:24 PM by MastRMind » Logged

"Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova
2xs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:28:19 PM »

Awsum!

"Do or don’t do, there is no try"   Yoda
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: