Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Lords of Wellington
News:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Musings from a self aware lady  (Read 3554 times)
Seth

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:52:56 AM »

Thought a few of the guys I've met recently might appreciate this and see the mindset behind it.
Not sure if you guys can see this so I'll repost it as well:
https://fetlife.com/users/1519887/posts/1040037

Nice Guys vs. Awesome Guys

My own two pence:

A Nice Guy (TM) is somebody who stands shyly in the corner and is afraid to approach women because he doesn't really feel good about himself. He quietly chuckles while his friends make rape jokes, then loudly protests that he is a "nice guy" because he's not the one who told the joke and it's not like he ever raped anybody, laughing is not a crime after all, and gosh what are all these angry feminists on about anyway, and why won't anybody fuck him? He brought the flowers, he opened the door, he bought the dinner, he nodded his head and pretended to agree with everything she says, he nodded his head and pretended to listen to her while she was talking, even though he wasn't listening to her at all because he spent the whole time imagining her naked, and he even used every ounce of his will power to not stare at her tits the whole time even though God knows he wanted to, but instead he forced himself to look into her eyes while she prattled on about some boring nonsense concerning her cat or whatever, and God knows what a chore that was... so, what's the problem? Why isn't he getting any? He's bending over backwards and jumping through hoops, but it just isn't working!!! Why don't women like NICE GUYS (TM)Huh

An AWESOME GUY is a guy who will actually tell his friends that it's not cool to make rape jokes. He'll actually say that. To his friends. Like, he'll say that to an entire group of guys and not care what they think or if he gets made fun of. Yeah. Wrap your brain around that. And he can do that because he has a healthy sense of self-esteem. He might be a bit shy at times, but ultimately he's not afraid to approach a woman and tell her how he really feels. He won't try to manipulate her. He'll just tell her straight up. And he knows that if he gets rejected, it won't crush him. He can handle it. Rejection happens to everybody, including women, and he knows that.

An AWESOME GUY sees women as people, not sex objects. He admires women's beauty, but at the same time he actually, genuinely cares about the words that are coming out of their mouths. He is honest. He will tell a woman when he disagrees with her or when something doesn't interest him, but in a respectful manner. He won't just nod his head and pretend to agree. He is a genuine person. His time spent with women is not goal oriented. He is not strategizing. He is not trying to "figure women out" as if they are a problem to be solved. He is not trying to have "game." He does not "need" to "get laid." He is genuinely interested in women as people. He enjoys spending time with them, talking to them, and sharing activities with them.

And, if it turns out that she has no sexual interest in him, he will even consider it an honor to be a woman's FRIEND.
After all, if you consider it a waste of time to be "just" her friend, as if you don't enjoy or value her friendship, then why the Hell do you want to stick your dick in her?

Don't be a "nice guy." Be an awesome guy.
In response to some comments I received:

Just to set the record straight: I am not saying that all shy guys are Nice Guys (TM). A shy guy can be an awesome guy if he has character and if he truly sees women as people and not just as a means to getting laid. What I am saying is that JUST BECAUSE you're shy, that doesn't automatically mean that you're nice. A shy guy can turn out to be a jerk just like any other guy, and I say this as a woman who has always been attracted to shy guys (and girls), and therefore I have a lot of experience with them. Women often mistake shyness for goodness, and that is a mistake. Nice Guy (TM) Syndrome often stems simply from sexual frustration, the anger and resentment some men feel when they can't get laid, and for some reason every man who can't get laid believes that he is "nice." However, he has probably never taken the time to sit down and think about what it means to truly be a man of character, and whether or not he actually fits that bill. And I think that sometimes it's amazing what can happen when you let go of all your goals and agendas and just truly enjoy spending time with the people around you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:54:37 AM by Seth » Logged

-Stop trying and start doing.
thriller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »

Thanks mate.Good read
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: