Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Lords of Wellington
News:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Alpha??  (Read 4728 times)
munkeyking

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »

A lot of thought or attention is put into being Alpha. What does being alpha mean to you?

please bring on the detail. Ill post my thoughts soon but about about to get ready to meet woman.
obl

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »

To be the guy that when someone says somethign they look at you... as if to get the thumbs up that you didnt say anythign wrong.
That is true alpha male.

zaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »

when someone says somethign they look at you
This is also a valuable indicator to see whether a girl is interested in your reaction to what she has to say.
Sielens

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:24:29 AM »

I don't know about your defitition Obl. There are many times when it is appropriate to look to someone for advice in a social situation that doesnt necessarily mean that that person is the Alpha of the group. For example, when we are out, I can think of quite a few times when I've looked to you or Seth, or Mox but it was in no way a emasculating glance - it was just to gauge the social situation. It doesnt neccessarily make the person less alpha (although it can depending on the situation). In my opinion, an Alpha is someone who has complete control of themselves and can lead when they have to (and knows when to lead and when not to and doesnt do it because they need to fill an egotistical drive.)

Live it up while you can - Let's do this shit!
thejoker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:54:55 AM »

I have been quizzed about this many times and actually I like Sielens response.  You see someone who is the 'alpha' male of a group will be the person who not only controls their external emotion set but also their internal one, to be an alpha male you need to be able to control everything from your posture/body language to the tone in which you speak.
The alpha male is the leader instinctively other males/females will follow becuase the persona/aura the alpha is giving off will attract them and that is not simply done with words or gestures or even external gestures (i.e other males stating you are the alpha) it is done by controlling everything in the environment around you, the opposite sex will very quickly pick up if you body language does not potray that of an alpha male.
Intuition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 01:41:35 AM »

The main theme that comes up is 'control'...the alpha male has 'control'. My opinion is that an alpha male is someone not bound by anyone's rules, but is anywhere and somewhere because he chose to be there. He didn't do it because someone told him to do it. He did it because he wanted to do it.

Has nothing to do with 'control' in a sense... if you look across society in general, people just copy each other (wear the same styles, do the same activities, fit in with the crowd). An alpha male is someone who is self-directed and as a result, is self-reliant and therefore lead themselves.

And people who follow (habitually) will just follow this dude and so everyone looks at him and thinks he's a leader when really he doesn't give a shit lol

So an alpha male doesn't really want to 'control' people, that's not his goal. But achieving his own ends is, and as a side-effect he'll boss people around to get what he wants.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: